Amazing Mutts does take in Owner Surrenders. We have been known to help with deployment statuses from the base, community issues and helping our local animal control. We do not promote owner surrenders and will do everything in our power to make you reconsider.
Surrendering a pet is not like exchanging a pair shoes. We don't easily accept surrenders without a meet, up to date medical and letters from trainers. In other words, it's NOT an EASY WAY OUT. You must meet certain qualifications to surrender.
It is not an overnight process and you will be required to THINK about what you have decided. We do not take in any AGGRESSIVE DOGS. We are foster based and have families to think about.
We will point you into the proper direction, if you reconsider keeping your dog or pup. We have trainers willing to help with behaviors, training sessions and of course TIME will be required by yourself and the family.
We WILL take in any Amazing Mutt, that has been adopted, under the same circumstances & again, we will ask you to be patient as we arrange the surrender. It does take more than 24 hours sometimes even a week.
1. DOG MUST BE CURRENT on VACCINES. DAPP, Rabies, & Bordetella. Proof is required from the vet. Any and all records(soap notes are to be included) for the pup or dog need to supplied and can be faxed 888-342-2182 or emailed to AmazingMutts@optimum.net
2. IF DOG IS NOT SPAYED OR NEUTERED there is a fee of $120 for dogs under 11 months old, $250 for Adults over the age of 12 months, that must accompany the dog at time of surrender. It will be asked to paid either via our website as a donation, or in cash. NO CHECKS will be accepted. If at time of surrender, you cannot afford the surrender fee: a Paypal Invoice will be issued for you to submit payments. If there is a balance at 30 days, finance charges will apply. If at 90 days the invoice is not paid in full it will be submitted to a collection agency and go against your credit.
3. If your dog is a current AMPR dog and HAS NOT BEEN VETTED and NOT UP TO DATE at time of Surrender you will be invoiced for the Exam, Vaccines, HW Test and if HW Positive the cost to treat the Heart Worms.
4. A trainer must certify the dog not aggressive. We will advise you if you haven't spoken to a trainer, to do so.
5. PATIENCE is a wonderful thing as we arrange for MEDICAL's, Openings in Foster Homes and we will ask you for Current Pictures or the dog to start actively looking for a foster or the new family. Please do as we ask as soon as possible to expedite your surrender. If you are able to bring the dog/pup to adoption events please do....the sooner the dog is seen, the better the chances of re-homing.